Friday 25 April 2008

Its Thursday, so it must be gym...

...and so it was. Today's "heart parade" included Heart of Glass, by Blondie, Heart of Stone by Cher (she's great) and the killer of the day - "Open Your Heart to Me by Madonna. Now I'm tuned into this music as we exercise, I hear so much more and each time I gain more admiration for whoever chose the songs - in much the same way as I admire the guy who chose "C'mon Baby Light my Fire" for his cremation!

The talk today was by one of the members of the York Coronary Support Group, which found quite interesting. The group has been going for roughly 20 years. It was founded by Dr Roger Boyle, the man who told me there was little to do all those years ago. He's now a big wheel in the government, I'm not sure of his official title, but he's known as the "Heart Czar". As I remember him, he's a nice guy and extremely clever. It just shows the progress that has been made over the 20 years or so of my problems.

The group have many sort of activities, ranging from working out (More working out after this course has finished) swimming, walking (they carry a defibrillator, just in case) and of course quiz nights and so on. I'm not really a "joiner" but I might well just go and have a look sometime at one of the meetings.

No comments: