Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentines Day

Today is Valentines Day, the annual argument day in our house. Ever since I've known Marg I've never bought her a valentine. Its something that I loathe somehow. I always feel like I'm being manipulated by the marketing industry and I just rebel against it. Marg, on the other and thinks it's "nice" and something that does no harm. We differ - strongly at times. However, this year is the exception that proves the rule. I remember how wonderful it was to see her when I was feeling at deaths door in hospital, and resolved not to be so petty and tightfisted - so...

I did it! I bought her some ridiculously overpriced red roses, and arranged delivery to her work. I swallowed my pride, clenched my credit card firmly and paid on (and through) the nose! Then sat back waiting for the hugs and kisses...

Well, the best laid plans...I arranged for the flowers to be delivered to her work - and Marg went to the docs the day before delivery (when it was about 30 seconds too late to alter anything) and got herself put off sick. As I write this, she's sat downstairs, gently moaning with pain, and the flowers are speeding their way to the other side of the city!

Sometimes life really IS a bugger, don't you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mm

graham austin said...

Hi mate,greetings from sunny Notts.Must say I'm missing the daily blog and hope that things are going well & you're making good progress.Had to laugh at the Valentines dilema,must admit I chose the £4.75 a dozen from
Tescos,but I splashed out on 2 doz.Also waxed lyrical in my card,her is me poetry..
I gave you my heart,you gave me yours too,
We honoured our vows to the letter,
But just for this year I want my heart back,
You can have it again when it,s better!!

Have an appointment at Glenfield hosp on Wednesday so should know the BIG date soon ooer.Had all test now camera down throat or Transesophegeal Echocardiogram as it's known in the trade not very pleasant but it's done now.Mentioned we were going to London..the 3 minute walk from St Pancras to hotel took me 5 stops for breath,theatre had 7 flights of stairs,boy am I sick of this.Anyway look after yourself,hope your next update reports lots of progress

Verb said...

Hiya Graham! Nice to see you again buddy. I know just how you felt about the walk and so on in London, it's really lousy isn't it! At least you can feel that such days are going to improve soon. I have to say that each day gets better after the op. Of course some days are better than others (much better sometimes), but on the whole I feel so much better. I think I come across as a bit of a moaner in my posts, but I don't intend to. I just try to tell it like it is - you understand?
Anyway, if you wish to talk or chat about anything that worries you drop me a line privately if you wish. ccooperman2003@gmail.com

Cheers