Saturday 2 February 2008

So, week since discharge and I'm feeling pretty good by and large. Marg and I went for a walk this morning. Near our house is a small lake. On a summer evening it's a pleasant walk around it, and I wanted to give it a go this morning. Again, it was cold, but that holds no terrors for me now, so we set off. About half-way round there is a small rise, hardly worthy of being called a hill, but it used to stop me pretty well every time. Today I zoomed up it - no problem!

The only fly in the ointment was that the way back home was very muddy, so we detoured around the streets. That proved to be a a bridge too far, in a manner of speaking. I made it round, but I was pretty knackered by the time we got home. Tomorrow is another day though, and we'll be out again. I say "we" because marg feels that I'm rather like a child and quite likely to go and play football or something (I'm not), but she's taking no chances and not letting me out of her sight...

Oh, one more thing worthy of mentioning. My daughter and future son-in-law came to visit this morning. They've only put me forward for the London Marathon! I've even got my entry number (17491 from memory)- the little buggers! However, he who laughs last...I still have my "Father of the Bride" speech to write, be afraid Cheryl, be very afraid!

No comments: