Tuesday 5 February 2008

Another day, another target...

I've had quite a good day today. Somehow it's been on more of an even keel, I suppose. Most days I wake up and tend to rush around, making efforts to do things and getting breathless and fed up. Today I paced myself a little more and feel better for it.

Near where we live is a huge shopping park. Its something of a mixed blessing, but it does provide an easy yardstick as to how much progress I'm making with walking. Over the past week I have gradually worked on increasing the distance slightly each day, and today I reached our first shop. Today Argos, tomorrow B&Q, then Tesco, then who knows.

I also realised that a short sleep in the afternoon gives back much more time that it takes. Normally since leaving hospital I've been tired and I suppose a bit irritable by 9 pm. This afternoon I has a short kip, say 45 minutes or maybe an hour, and I feel much better this evening. I'm not up to taking she-who-must-be-obeyed out for a bop yet, but I feel much less tired and in a better frame of mind. Here's hoping it continues.

On another note, my daughter, Cheryl tells me she sent a link to the blog to her friend in Australia. So welcome Trish (or Oz, if you prefer), hope you're having a bonza time, and if you make it to the wedding I'll be glad to shake your hand. Cheers kiddo

No comments: