Wednesday 30 January 2008

My wife

It's just occured to me that in all this blog I've only called my wife, "My wife", maybe it's time I introduced her properly.

Her name is Margaret - but only when I'm mad at her, normally she's Marg (as in Margarita, not Marge as in Simpson). Next month we'll have been married for 37 years, so I suppose she's sort of stuck with me now - maybe it's because I know when I'm on a good thing!

Being serious, those who have followed this blog so far will realise how close we are, and she has the knack of having just the right mixture of being both sympathetic and firm at the same time. She's a pretty amazing woman, and she'll kill me for posting this, but she really is one in a million...

1 comment:

Jude Mason said...

Hi Mog,

I've read this last few days on your blog a couple of times now and still feel all teary eyed when I do. I'm so glad you're back home and feeling better. I have to say, you did scare me and being so far away there's not a damn thing I could have done.

Your wife, that lovely lady who puts up with you, kept Ron and I up to date on what was going on, and for that I can't thank her enough. Even when I'm sure she felt like crawling into bed and letting the world fly by, she made sure we knew how you were.

When I got to talk to you, that first time after the op, I couldn't believe you were really there. I mean, I knew you were, but it was too soon. Seems like maybe it was, but that's history and done now. You just sound so much better. No wheezing, like I'd grown used to hearing, just you breathing naturally, easily. What a huge thing.

Give Marg a huge for me, would you? And thank her for taking the time to let us know you were still with us.

Take care and try to behave.

Hugs
Jude