Tuesday 16 October 2007

The surgeon

Well, today's the day! I see Mr Cale the cardio-thoracic surgeon today. I have no real idea what to expect, but I'm hoping for at least an idea of when I can have the op and get back to living a normal life. I'm just going to work now, but I'll post later today as to how it goes...Wish me luck!

Later:

Well we went to see Mr Cale and really it was a bit of a none event. It's strange isn't it, I don't normally care too much about my appearance, but to see this man I shot home and got changed into my best suit. Quite why I flt I had to is maybe a doctor could answer, 'cos I can't! Actually, I saw his registrar, a nice guy who's nationality I could really decide on, other that he was from the Indian sub continent. He expained carefully and understandably what was going to happen, how long the average stay in hospital is (about 7 - 10 days), and the procedure for the physiotherapy regime afterwards.

I'm still on the waiting list, now it sounds like it'll be about 3 months - so early January maybe. I was sort of hoping for a bit sooner, but it's not to be. My wife hit the nail on the head when she said that there are many, many more people who are worse than me and I'd just have to wait.
She's right, of course - isn't she always?

No comments: