Sunday 14 October 2007

Tired?

We had guests down last night and I did something unforgivable, I fell asleep. In all fairness I'm pretty sure that it's all the tablets that I'm taking at the moment, and one of the (many) side effects of Ramipril is tiredness, but I felt awful. Ah well, thre's nowt to do about it now, as we say in Yorkshire.

Talking of tablets, I did a quick calculation and realised that I'm now taking 12 a day. Most of these are for Diabetes I suppose (Metformin, statins and a couple of others too) but I also take beta blockers for my heart too. I know I'll probably have to continue with these after the op, at least for a while, but when you consider that 5 years ago I wasn't taking any at all it seems to have been a pretty steep downhill ride. I hate taking pills, it's just another sort of restriction somehow. I seem to have traded one slavery (smoking) for another .

That sounds ungrateful, and I'm not, but I'd been well for so long that it comes hard to be needing to take pills again, especially so many of them.

Anyway, I've got another appointment with my GP tomorrow morning, and on Tuesday, the big one. An appointent to see Mr Cale, the surgeon. I hope to have something concrete to say after that. I'm writing down some questions for him to answer, but I bet I forget something critical.

No comments: