Monday 8 October 2007

Walks by the sea and oyster contents..

It’s funny how thing go round isn’t it? My wife and I were talking yesterday of times past and times to come. She asked what I would like to do after the op. I thought of quite a few really, but one of the things I’d most like to do is go for a brisk walk around The Marine Drive at Scarborough on a windy day. I haven’t done it for years and I used to love it.

There’s something about the wind in your face and the waves crashing against the sea wall that just makes it magic. I tried a little while ago, but I’m hopeless in any wind at all at the moment. Angina just cripples me and I have difficulty in breathing too. All in all it’s a bit of a bugger! All this will change though – at least I hope it will – after the op.

Talking of long ago, nearly 40 years ago when we were courting I bought my wife some imitation pearls. They were nice, but they were imitation and I distinctly remember promising that one day I’d buy her some real ones. Well a promise is a promise and she has an important staff function coming up and – well I just wanted to say thank you to her for all the care she’s taken with me and … well, you know I just wanted to get them in case something goes wrong - and yes - I know it won't

Anyway, I’ve bought her some. She doesn't know yet, so if anyone knows her, don't say anything. They are real Japanese Akoya pearls, admittedly cultured, not natural, but I know she’ll love them. They should arrive on Wednesday and her work function isn’t until next week, so she should be able to wear them to it. I can’t wait to see her face!

No comments: