Wednesday 10 October 2007

More testing

Well, it's Wednesday and the pearls haven't arrived as yet. I checked up on the fedx "track my parcel" site and the forecast for delivery is now Friday, still in time, but getting pretty close to the "do"

I got phone call from the docs today asking me to go for another blood test. I'm not sure why, but a change of medication may have something to do with it. I'm now taking Ramipril in my morning cocktail of drugs. I looked it up on Patients UK. and it seems that it's to do with kidney problems. This is what the site says about it:

It (Ramipril) is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) and to prevent heart attack or stroke in people who are at risk. It is also used to help treat heart failure and may be used to treat people with diabetes who have developed kidney problems.
Ramipril works by causing blood vessels to relax, lowering blood pressure and increasing the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.


The last time my BP was checked it was pretty well ok, at least that's what they told me, so I'm hoping that it's just being used to help my heart and not because I have kidney problems too. Roll on Tuesday and lets get to see the surgeon. Maybe I'll have something solid to work on then. Just now everything seems to be vague somehow. I feel i need something to get hold of and fully understand

No comments: