Saturday 23 February 2008

An update

It's nearly a week now since I wrote to the blog so maybe it's time for an update. By and large, it's been a pretty good week. I've had my ups and downs, but things are generally improving - slowly. The chest pain is still something that I do battle with daily. It seems worst when I wake up and later in the evening. My walking distance has improved markedly. I can now walk probably a couple of miles without any distress. I may get a little breathless, but that is nothing compared to how it used to be.

One thing that is causing me a little concern though is my digestive system. I think worry is too strong a word for it, but I'm a bit concerned by it. It seems that no matter how hungry I feel - and sometimes I feel very hungry - I can only eat maybe half of my meal before I start to feel nauseous. I rarely am actually sick, but it seems to happen with almost every meal. Also my weight seems to be piling on again in spite of the problem. I lost nearly 2 stone in hospital (that's 28 pounds for trans Atlantic readers), and I was hoping to keep it off, especially as the doc wants even more off, but my weight keeps increasing. I have no idea how to counteract this. I don't eat much - less than the rest of my family, and yet I seem to be putting on about a pound a week.

I suppose being diabetic doesn't help, but it's a funny going on when I take more exercise than for many years, eat less than I used to and generally live a healthier life the weight just keeps going up. How do you explain that then?

No comments: