Monday 14 January 2008

GOT THE DATE !

I was driving along just minding my own business today, when my mobile rang. It was my son, telling me in an ominous tone of voice that I "had a phone message." He really sounded quite upset, so I sort of guessed that it was going to be from Hull, and it was. The message was to ring the surgeons secretary, which of course I did as soon as I got in. There has been a cancellation and my name was next on the list, would I like to have the operation on Thursday? I didn't give myself time for nerves to kick in, I just went for it and said "YES" loud and clear.

So, I'm committed. I have to go into hospital on Wednesday afternoon, so they can manage me pre-op, then have the op on Thursday. Am I nervous? Yes, a bit, quite a lot really, but I really just want to be well again, and I'm almost (but not quite!) looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure that I'll add to this post before I go, but just at the moment I'm a bit jittery and find it a bit tricky to concentrate on much

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Verb,

I'll be thinking about you on Thursday, and sending my prayers and whatever good vibes I can muster your way.

You're such a strong, wonderful man, I just know you're going to come through this with flying colors!

My best to Mrs. Verb, I can sort of say I know what she'll be going through, and it won't be easy. But she's a tough cookie, too, and you can rely on each other.

Big healing hugs from your friends in Kansas!