Tuesday 29 January 2008

Day 2

From the high of yesterday to the deepest low of today. I woke up in the early hours and went to get a drink. Sat in the living room idly channel hopping the TV. I suddenly, for no reason, felt sick. Its hard to explain, I'm sure you know the feeling. You're going to vomit, regardless of what you do or try, it's going to regardless. Well that how I felt and that's what happened. I can't begin to describe the pain, and somehow I just couldn't stop. It was like a cycle that once started didn't end until something was produced - and I had nothing to give. It was truly dreadful.

I staggered back to bed and slept a while, then woke again feeling just as bad. My wife called the doctor who advised coming off one of the painkillers, but I don't know whether that helped or not. The vomiting continued until mid morning, by which time I was completely drained.

I spent most of the rest of the day in bed, in an awful mixture of sleep and pain, but got up in the evening feeling marginally better. I didn't eat anything all day and only had some scramble egg in the evening, but it was enough to line my stomach and I went back to be feling a lot better.

I suppose one has to expect the occasional setback, but after such a great day yesterday it was pretty hard to take. I went back to bed and slept again but reawakened in the early hours again. Hoping against hope that I wasn't going to have a re-run I went back downstairs to get a drink. Fortunately the only thng I caught was my son sneaking in after a late night with his girlfriend - don't ask!

No comments: