Tuesday 29 January 2008

Day 1

What a wonderful day! I felt fitter than I've felt in years - sure I had a bit of pain, but that was nothing compared to the feeling of inner strength. I couldn't wait to see how I could do, and My wife and I went for a short walk in the morning. We walked , but not for far. Over the small rise that had nearly always had me puffing for breath, without a pause, and at a pace that I could never have kept up only 2 weeks before.

We got home again, both of us grinning like idiots. My wife made me sit down again, though I didn't want to and we stayed in for the rest of the morning. In the afternoon my daughter and her fiance came to visit and we all did the same walk again. The difference really is amazing . I can walk at a good brisk pace certainly for 400 yards or so, maybe a bit more. Who knows maybe I'll run for a bus yet!

A perfect day, absolutely perfect

No comments: