Friday 30 November 2007

Like so many other things in life, the thought of the dentist was worse than the actual treatment. I was almost trembling when I finally got myself into his chair. Several bad experiences in the past have imprinted this irrational fear, but try as I might I can't seem to conquer it. Anyway, this guy is good - very good.

My appointment was at 2:30pm today and I went along, nipping off from work for the apointment. I still had a few deliveries to make and I knew I'd have to do those, come hell or highwater. The dentists name is Mahesh Vasireddy, and he did a hell of a job, giving me lots of local anasthetic, before doing a small filling then getting to work on pulling the others. I can honestly say he didn't hurt me at all. The very worst I suffered was a little discomfort, and even now as the anasthetic is wearing off its not unbearable.

The really good thing about it is that I'm now ready to go. The minute the letter comes I'll be off. No hesitation and worrying about whether my teeth will pass muster, they're fine now, and I have an appointment for 6 months time with the same guy. I'll still be terrified when the time comes, but that's just the way I'm made. I'll go - and I'll be glad to do so. National Health dentist are rare indeed, and a really good one is not to be lost

1 comment:

Faith Bicknell said...

Oh, how I hate dentists! I so sympathize!