Sunday 31 August 2008

A postscript

I’ve mentioned in quite a few posts that my daughter was getting married soon. Well she did it. We had THE most wonderful day yesterday. I made a couple of short speeches and generally the whole day went incredibly well.

Since I’ve been back at work I seem to have gone from strength to strength. I’m back as good as I ever was now. I can lift and carry pretty much the same as always (when they let me – those colleagues of mine are still just as wonderful – just don’t tell ‘em if you know any of them!) Yesterday was one of those landmark days, the days that mark your life out. My daughter got wed! I loved the whole day, but the bit that is probably most relevant to the blog is the reception after the ceremony.

I could dance!

In fact, I could dance my lovely wife to a standstill! I had no pain whatsoever, none. I got breathless of course, but so did some of the kids there who were less than half my age.

I’ve just got a notification, from a girl called Gill that her dad is worried about the op. He’s been treated by Mr Choudri too. All I can say is look at me. Last Christmas I could barely manage a dance with my wife, one dance! I was worried about being able to walk my daughter down the aisle, and Angina was a daily occurrence. Yesterday I walked her down the aisle and gave her away to a wonderful young man. I hit the high spots to many of the old songs of the 70s, including my all time favourite, Love Train, which makes this old chap go crazy and his wife completely change her tune. Instead of asking me to dance she’s usually saying something like “Sit down you old fool, you’re making an exhibition of yourself”. Well, I did – and I could have done a lot more if Marg would have kept up! I’m so pleased with myself that I might even post a couple of pictures …

2 comments:

Jude Mason said...

Hey my friend, it's been awhile since I visited your blog, but I can see I should drop by more often. These last two posts brought tears to my eyes. Good tears. I'm so happy for you and your family. I've worried along with you and Marg about what was going to happen with this surgery and the aftermath. It seems there was no need, you've done amazingly well and I'm so happy. I know today you're off to pick up the newlyweds from the airport and I know you're tickled to be able to do it. Congratulations my friend. Life is treating you as it should.

Now, where's my paddle... you'll do something evil soon... LOL

Hugs

Sam said...

Congratulation for you and your family.

Best wishes.
Sam