Sunday 23 March 2008

Insomnia

This is something new to me. I can't sleep. I've never had any trouble just dropping of at night but just this past week or so I have an awful game just getting to sleep. I thought it was a fluke at first, but it seems to be continuing. I went to the docs and he gave me some mild sleeping pills ("just take one as you go to bed for a couple of nights and you'll soon re-establish a sleep pattern") Well, sorry doc, this time your wrong.

I find myself wandering round the house at all hours of the night. Last night I was doing a tour of famous prisons via Google earth and I'm writing this as Marg is sleeping. I think it's about half past midnight. The pattern seems to be that I feel really tired while downstairs and come to bed at a normal time for us of 10.30 / 11.00 o'clock. Then suddenly I'm wide awake again. I have no idea why this should be and I don't even know if it's connected to the op, but it's driving me crackers!

While it would be wrong to say that I don't get a wink of sleep, I certainly aren't getting my full ration. I need at least six hours a night, and I'm better with eight. I'm just not getting them at the moment. Tonight in desperation took two of the tablets - result - nothing, which accounts for me tapping out on these keys at this time of night. Ah well, maybe I'll go for a look around Australia or somewhere for a change tonight.

No comments: