Friday 21 September 2007

A week away...

Well, that's it, were off on holiday for a week, and I'm so looking forward to it!

A weeks sunshine, a few drinks, the company of the family and letting them spoil us for a bit sounds just the recipe. I'm going to forget all about the op, the worry, the research and the blog. I'm going to enjoy myself in the company of my wife and family. What could be better? Nothing!

The only thing is that I have to endure my wife's packing mania. I'll swear that if she could pack a lawn mower (just in case) she would. My wife is the only person I know who packed raincoats for a visit to Las Vegas! And, of course the bags have to be weighed. I think that 20 kg is a reasonable amount to put into a case, and a reasonable amount to take for a weeks hol - not my missus!

It always works out that MY case weighs more. When I start moving stuff around to her bag, I find I'm moving ladies shoes, tights some underwear and make up. Heaven knows what the customs man would make of it if I were to be stopped and searched. I have an awful metal picture of him holding up some frilly underwear and saying "...and did you pack this case yourself sir?" I suppose they've seen it all before, but it always seems that my bag will carry the excess baggage charge, while carrying her baggage! No doubt about it - I married a clever woman!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Maurice:

Our mutual friend Susan Reynolds [sue@heart2hearts.co.uk]sent my a link to your site and I've linked my site - www.heartsupport.ca - to yours. I'm celebrating one week since my surgery (valve replaced, new aeortic artery and single by-pass) and I feel GREAT overall. I'll comment more on my blog later today when I've gathered more energy. (Feeling tired this morning but overall 7 out of 10). You will be in my thoughts over the next week or so. - Peter - peter@heartsupport.ca

Anonymous said...

Maurice,

Best wishes to you as you prepare for surgery. My father just recently (March 2007) underwent a quadruple bypass. He is feeling great these days. I am sure that your anxiety level is high, but everything will turn out great.

As a result, we just recently acquired a medical device company which provides postop patients with a product to eliminate incision site pain caused by clothing, bedding and seatbelts coming into contact with your surgical incision. Please visit our site at www.incisionshield.com. You will find valuable resources on our links page as well.

Best wishes to you in your recovery.